Monday, August 30, 2010

Spicy Meat and Cheese Stromboli

This is a favorite at my place and also with all of my family members. And...missionaries love it. It so happens they are coming over tonight, so I decided to make this for them. I wish I had a picture of it, because it is so tasty!! I think we might have had it with the Cline's too.

The recipe actually comes from Rachael Ray so you can link right to it here. The only 2 changes I make are 1. changing the Italian hot ham to canadian bacon, and 2 leaving out the crushed red pepper. But if you like it hotter (Danny and Darcie) all the better. =) This can also be made in one long roll instead of cutting the dough up into 4 separate stromboli's. That way it feeds more and you eat less...although, it really is yummy and it will fill your belly full.

Racheal has a recipe for a sauce to use, but I have never used it. I have used a simple Basic Pizza Sauce instead. Which I use when making pizza too. It's really easy and yummy and you can freeze what you don't use.

Basic Pizza Sauce:
1 TB Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
Table salt - ground black pepper

Cook oil and garlic in med.saucepan over low heat until fragrant; about 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, increase heat to med, and cook until slightly thickened, 10-15 min.
Season with salt and pepper.

Easy peasy...and so yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. Is this similar to what you made for Christmas Eve last year? Just wondering and if not I would love for you to post that recipe too. Hint, hint ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is the same one Darcie. I forgot I made it for that. hah. So, there you have it!

    ReplyDelete