Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Grandma Linnie's Dressing

This is what I always made for the Westland Ward Thanksgiving Feast. It's my Grandma's recipe so there aren't exact measurements. You just kind of taste it as you go. You'll get better at it each time you make it.

9 x 13 pan of cornbread (bake 2 days prior and allow it to dry out)
1 bag of stuffing mix (I like Pepperidge Farm)
Half an onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
Whole chicken, cut up or 6 dark pieces and 6 white pieces
1 can chicken broth
celery salt
salt and pepper
sage

Cover chicken with water and boil with salt, pepper and celery salt.
Boil celery and onion with water in a small pot for 10 min. Drain.
Crumble cornbread. Mix with dry stuffing, celery and onion.
Remove chicken and shred. Save stock.
Add stock to cornbread mixture until "juicy." Add canned chicken broth if necessary.
Season with salt and sage to taste.
Add chicken.
Spoon into a deep 9 x 13 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 2 hours, stirring after first hour.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah for all your hatred and complaining about Ohio State and the Buckeyes you name your new blog after the Buckeyes???

    Who are you? I don't even know you anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because I hate Buckeye football doesn't mean I hate the state of Ohio which happens to be nicknamed "the Buckeye State." I actually liked Ohio very much, Troy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see now. Nice way to dodge criticism there Sarah. Fran, please post the recipe to your famous arugula salad that you always brought to all of our joint functions.

    ReplyDelete