Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Arugula Salad

1 Box of Arugula
1 chopped Avocado
1/2 can of corn
1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
1/2 of a hothouse cucumber, sliced and halfed (or you can use one whole funky, short normal cuc)
4 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 chopped onion if you like - I usually left it out since Kari and Henry are opposed to fresh onions

Throw all that in a bowl, and mix it. Done.

For dressing I'd usually just pour some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over my salad and then some salt and pepper.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Fran. When I think Fran Patterson I will always think arugula salad. I'll probably even remember this more than the flaming liberalism :)
    Kidding there. I know how you hate that label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I've always wanted this salad recipe. Thanks, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't want to be considered 'flaming'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, the amounts are pretty tentative. You can really add as little or as much as you feel. Also, I've made the very same salad with romaine instead. This is just my favorite version. But, really - you can do whatever.

    ReplyDelete