Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bestest Blueberry Muffins Ever

Because I love you guys, I shall no longer withhold this wonderful recipe from you. We went blueberry picking the other day, and had all those fresh, frozen blueberries. So, before I knew it, I, Fran, was suddenly baking in the kitchen. Best decision ever. These are fantastic. So much so that I made them twice in like less than two weeks. Yup. The original recipes had grams and stuff, so I converted it for you guys as good as I could. Should work fine.

Dry Ingredients:
2 absolutely full cups of plain flour (they don't have to be heaped but definitely full to the edge)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp baking powder
6 oz sugar (normal sugar, and I think that's a 3/4 cup)
5 oz blueberries (I think that's about 2/3 cup of blueberries...)

Wet ingredients:
2 eggs
6 fl oz canola oil (3/4 cup)
6 fl oz soured cream (3/4 cup) - I substituted with fresh plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
a little less than 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
grated zest of 1 small lemon

1. Mix all the dry ingredients well in a bowl.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients well and then pour them into the dry ingredients and mix it all until you have a nice smooth batter. This worked fine with a spoon.
3. Put your batter into your muffin baking dish, and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 395 degrees.
4. Eat all the muffins in 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment