Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apple Almond Granola Bars

This is for those of you who love granola.

1 c. Apple Almond Granola (I'm sure you can use any granola you have...I just happen to have a bag of this from Grandpa's Cellar in CA.)
1 c. oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. butter, melted

In a large bowl, combine the apple almond granola, oats, flour, coconut, nuts, raisins and brown sugar. In a smaller bowl, combine the egg, honey, butter and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until all is moistened. Spread in a well buttered 12 x 9 inch cake pan. Bake until light brown on the edges. Cut in squares and serve.

That's the recipe from bag of granola I have from Grandpa's Cellar. I cooked it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and it seemed done to me. In all honesty, I think next time I'll use some other granola and take out the raisins and add chocolate chips and peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment